Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Diet

I started a diet made by myself. I learned many things in my years of "diet" and I started to focus on white meat (mainly chicken and turkey), fish, vegetables and fruit.

I determined that I would eat everything, in a moderated way. I defined too that each portion of food I eat I have to like. In the beggining, I didn't focused on low calorie yogurts or snacks. Instead, I focused on yogurts and snacks that I liked. Same for the meals. This enabled me to stick on the diet for a year or so and have shown results. When I realize that I needed to start eating low calorie snacks, I did it (and I still do).

There are several rules I try to follow every day, since they increase calorie intake without giving anything in change:
  • Do not eat bread at the meal;
  • Do not repeat anything at the meal;
  • Do not eat fried food (of any kind);
  • Do not drink alcohol or soda at the meal;

Dinning Out

When I am dinning out especially on family parties, I eat the meal as normal, with portions concerns, and the fruit too. But when it came to deserts, there was a problem. I love cakes, pies, everything that has sugar in it! So I agreed to my sisters and my mother that they would give me a bit to taste the deserts, and I would not pick a desert plate for me. And, imagine, that works! :)

More difficult are the meals eaten in restaurants. The couvert part is the problem. I eat the bread, the butter, everything! I wasn't able to control myself. Now, I identified that mistake, and I'm trying to control it.

No comments:

Post a Comment